Nebraska's agricultural youth showcase their work every year in the State Fair's 4-H and FFA shows. With the exception of the combined Youth Dairy Show, all 4-H and FFA exhibits compete separately. However, the two organizations use a single online system for registering exhibits. Here is how to register and participate in 4-H and FFA shows at the 2017 Nebraska State Fair:
Online Registration Opens July 10
4-H and FFA exhibitors and families must register all exhibits online and pay the required registration fees with a credit card. 4-H leaders and FFA advisors should look for e-mail updates with important reminders and deadlines.
Here are important dates leading up to the 2017 Nebraska State Fair:
- July 10: Online registration opens.
- August 10, 5 p.m.: Deadline for 4-H and FFA livestock registration.
- August 10, 5 p.m.: Deadline for 4-H In-Person Events (contests, fashion show, etc.)
- August 21, noon: Deadline for 4-H static exhibit registration.
- August 21, 5 p.m.: Deadline for FFA static exhibit registration.
A few things to keep in mind this year:
- All exhibitors: During online livestock registration, you will select from a list of animals that were already nominated and validated. Follow the on-screen instructions and ID information for your animals will automatically appear. Watch these videos if you need help.
- All swine exhibitors: Please have your PQA number handy during registration. This will be collected during your initial registration.
- FFA Showmanship: Please register online if you would like to participate in Showmanship. Look for the "FFA: Showmanship" department. The deadline is August 21, and there is no additional cost.
- 4-H Showmanship: 4-H exhibitors will be automatically entered into Showmanship for the livestock species they have entered.
Rules & Regulations
The 4-H and FFA competitions each have specific rules and regulations, and both follow the State Fair's general guidelines for livestock:
Looking for Open Class Livestock or Domestic Entry Registration? Click Here.