Up with People is coming to Grand Island Aug. 26 – Sept. 3, 2018! In addition to their stage performance on Saturday, Sept. 1, in the Heartland Event Center, and their presence on the Fairgrounds during the week, the cast of Up with People will be available for community service projects on Friday, August 31. If your organization is interested in Up with People helping with its community service needs, please fill out the form below.
- Out of consideration for time and transportation of all cast members, community service projects must be within the city limits of Grand Island. Any projects outside city limits will not be considered.
- The Organization must supply all supplies for the proposed community service project.
- Up with People participants cannot operate power tools or machinery.
- Filling out an application does not guarantee selection. The Nebraska State Fair and Up with People will do their best to accommodate as many requests, as possible.
- Selected organizations will need to provide a point of contact to be on-site for the duration of the service project, to provide oversight and guidance on the project.
- Selected organizations are encouraged to include staff members, board members, and volunteers to work side-by-side with the Up with People participants during this day of community service!
Up with People is a global education and service organization focused on bringing the world together through service and music. The cast, made up of 90-100 students from 20 countries. travels to a new city every week, volunteers in each community it visits, lives with local host families, and performs an international show.
If you have any questions, please contact Sue Tynan, Special Events Coordinator, at email@example.com or call her at 308.385.3938.