WELCOME HORSE EXHIBITORS TO THE NEBRASKA STATE FAIR!
This section will contain up-to-the-minute changes and important information regarding your upcoming visit to the Nebraska State Fair. Please check this page often and prior to coming to the fair. Thank you!
General Information, Rules and Regulations- The following General Information, Rules and Regulations apply to all departments. Please refer to each department for specific rules and requirements. It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to be familiar with all applicable rules and regulations.
Equine Information, Rules and Regulations
2017 Equine and Equine Livestock Health Requirements
Equine Check-In Trailer - (Draft Horse Exhibitor - for the August 25-27 Hitch Show DO NOT use the Check-In Trailer...Proceed through Gate 3 as usual).
Equine Check in Trailer Hours:
- Thursday, August 24 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 25 6:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 26 6:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 27 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Monday, August 28 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 29 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 30 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 31 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 1 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 2 12:00 Noon - 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 3 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
September 4 6:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
2018 Tentative Horse Schedule
Nebraska State Fair Feed Store - All feed and bedding needs will be handled by Mid-Nebraska Feeds, which is the local Purina dealer. Hay, bedding and/or feed will be available. You can pre-order feed and bedding by contacting Mid-Nebraska Feeds at 308-382-3048.
The Nebraska State Fair is required to report payments of $600 or more to the Internal Revenue Service. Any exhibitor receiving $600 or more will be required to provide the Nebraska State Fair with a completed IRS Form W-9 providing a taxpayer identification number. NO CHECK WILL BE ISSUED UNTIL A COMPLETED W-9 FORM IS IN THE LIVESTOCK OFFICE.
W-9 Tax Form
Below you will find all of the Horse Premium Books and Entry forms. We are encouraging all breed exhibitors to use the online entry system, as it is more effective and aids in eliminating entry errors. We look forward to having you this year!
Instructions for entering online
- Please print the instructions and use when entering.ONLINE HORSE DEPARTMENT ENTRY
- Click Here
Reminder regarding the mail-in entry forms: This is a fillable form. You may fill it in by placing your cursor in the first field and typing to fill. When you have finished the form, print it and mail it. If you have several forms to fill, you may print the first and then skip through the form to keep data that remains the same, changing only the new data. Then print. Or you may save the form to your computer and fill it and print it.
Carriage Driving Premium Book
**ATTENTION: PLEASE FILL OUT BOTH FORMS FOR PROPER ENTRY
Nebraska Classic Team Penning Premium Book